Our Divergent anthology, Divergent Thinking: YA Authors on Veronica Roth’s Divergent Trilogy, is officially launching next week. In...Posted February 28th
Explore the world of the Mortal Instruments with Cassandra Clare and more
Shadowhunters and Downworlders
A Mortal Instruments Reader
Edited by Cassandra Clare
Join Cassandra Clare and a Circle of more than a dozen top YA writers, including New York Times bestsellers Holly Black, Rachel Caine, and Kami Garcia, as they write about the Mortal Instruments series, its characters, and its world.
Inside you’ll read:
- A cinematic tutorial on why the best friend (Simon) always loses out to the bad boy (Jace)
- The unexpected benefits of the incest taboo
- What we can read between the lines of Alec and Magnus’ European vacation
- The importance of friendship, art, humor, and rebellion
- And more, from the virtues of Downworlders to the naughty side of Shadowhunting
On Our Blog
Next Tuesday is the official pub date for Shadowhunters and Downworlders, our anthology of YA authors talking about Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series. (Though you can already get a print copy, or pre-order the e-book, online. Or order the audio book!) And while usually this pre-publication book “introduction” feature gives a little extra behind-the-scenes info on the content of our books, I wanted to break from tradition here and talk a little about the design—in particular, the cover.
The cover art is gorgeous, of course;...
Get the geeks in your lives something they really want this year.
Here are our ideas for all of the Shadowhunters, Potterheads, and Demigods on your shopping list—and more.
- Demigods and Monsters [shameless self-promotion]. Spend a little more time at Camp Half-Blood with this anthology of your favorite authors discussing the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Edited by Rick Riordan, it also contains a glossary of Greek mythology.
- Camp Half-Blood Gym Bag. Don’t forget to pack your sword!
Which side do you support?
On August 16 declare your affiliation via Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, or Pinterest to win Shadowhunters and Downworlders prizes in celebration of the August 21 City of Bones premiere.
50 winners will receive:
- a Shadowhunter or Downworlder button
2 winners will also receive:
- a copy of Shadowhunters and Downworlders
- 2 movie tickets, to see City of Bones on us
To enter to win . . .
. . . on Twitter or Facebook, add the Shadowhunter or...
What People Are Saying
For fans, this anthology will enrich their appreciation of the series, and for those unfamiliar with Clare’s work, it will pique their curiosity.
For a Mortal Instruments super fan, every one of these essays will be a hit, the kind of detailed, passionate conversations so many readers long for when finishing a beloved book.
If you're a fan of The Mortal Instruments, and you're also someone who fancies yourself an educated reader, then you owe it to yourself to snatch up this collection. Then, when the movie comes out, you can prove quite the intellectual as you point out the subtleties missed by the average moviegoer.
This is the definitive guide to the ins and outs of the Shadowhunter world.
on our daily essay, giveaways, and other special deals
Each season we announce our new titles individually, each in their own post, to give you a little extra background...Posted February 28th