The Vampire Diaries, the television series based on the iconic books by L.J. Smith, has already managed to captivate millions of viewers with its unique mix of immortal romance and very human drama.
In A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls, YA authors—led by Red and Vee of premier Vampire Diaries resource Vampire-Diaries.net—take a closer look at Mystic Falls: its residents (both alive and undead) and its rich, inescapable history.
- Claudia Gray delves into the events of 1864 and how they’ve shaped not just Mystic Falls but the success of the show itself
- Sarah Rees Brennan tells us what it takes for a girl to hold her own against a vampire boyfriend (or two), placing Elena squarely between fellow vampire-daters Buffy and Bella
- Jennifer Lynn Barnes takes Mystic Falls to task for poor treatment of Caroline Forbes
- Jon Skovron examines the male-female vampire dynamic, in history and in The Vampire Diaries
- Plus a guide to the book series for tv fans looking to visit The Vampire Diaries’ literary inspiration, and more
Whether you’re a new visitor or a long-time fan, you won’t want to continue your tour of Mystic Falls without it.
Contributors: Sarah Rees Brennan, Bree Despain, Claudia Gray, Jon Skovron, Alyxandra Harvey, Vera Nazarian, Kiersten White, Heidi R. Kling, Mary Borsellino, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, and Karen Mahoney
About the Editor
Red and Vee are co-editors of the popular site Vampire-Diaries.net.
Vee has been a Vampire Diaries fan since the series’ original publication, when a classmate passed her a copy of The Awakening in seventh grade homeroom. She’s a History major dropout, former military brat and preacher’s kid, and can often be found at concerts. She currently resides in Arizona with her (patient, supportive, TVD fan) musician husband and a ridiculous amount of CDs, records, books, and DVDs.
Red has been a fan of the Vampire Diaries since 1993, when he found the series in Secondary School. He studied Literature at University, and is a keen amateur photographer who dreams of one day owning a DSLR camera (preferably in a sexy, matte black). Red is British and lives somewhere along the east coast of the United Kingdom, not far from the sea. He likes cats, funky socks and English Breakfast tea.
Title: A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls
Subtitle: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
editor: Red and Vee
Publication Date: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Smart Pop, an imprint of BenBella Books, Inc.
Price: $12.95 US
Page Count: 224