Supernatural is more than a show about fighting demons.
It’s about more than a cool car, a kick-ass soundtrack and hot guys with guns. Supernatural is about family and sacrifice and heroism—about good and evil and the choices you make to stay in the hunt.
You know there’s more to this show than meets the eye.
So do we.
This insightful anthology sheds light on a variety of issues in Supernatural.
- Professor Gregory Stevenson considers the true meaning of horror and what Supernatural‘s characters have to say about the human (and demonic) potential in all of us Super-Wiki team member
- Jules Wilkinson gives Dean’s ’67 Chevy Impala her due
- Television Without Pity’s Jacob Clifton looks at the feminine in Supernatural‘s world of shotguns, muscle cars and masculine bravado (it’s more influential, and more pervasive, than you think)
- Supernatural RPG writer Jamie Chambers outlines demon-hunting on the cheap—and what it has to do with Supernatural‘s appeal
- Contemporary fantasy author Tanya Huff delves into the psychology of John Winchester
- Fan Sheryl A. Rakowski (one of the three winners of the Supernatural.tv/Smart Pop Supernatural Essay Contest) shows how the boys’ biggest weakness—their need for each other—is also the biggest strength they possess, no matter what the Trickster says
- Writer Shanna Swendson mines the sources of Supernatural‘s monsters, from folktales to urban legends, and deems Dean and Sam our modern-day keepers of the lore
- And much more!
About the Editor
Supernatural.tv is one of the largest websites dedicated to the television show, Supernatural. It offers news, episode guides, multimedia, and popular forums.
Title: In the Hunt
Subtitle: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural
Publication Date: February 10, 2009
Publisher: Smart Pop, an imprint of BenBella Books, Inc.
Price: $14.95 US
Page Count: 274